Tonight Bob Van Valzah dropped in for a long session on Bitcoin & Digital Currencies which turned into the second half of a seven-part series on Digital Currencies.
This episode covers:
- Can Bitcoins be counterfeited?
- You can create your own currency, ScottCoins anyone?
- Are Bitcoins safe to use?
- Discussed malware & Showtime hack which put miners on victim’s system?
- Ransomware and the use of Bitcoin as the vehicle for payment?
- The perception of Bitcoin as negative as a result of criminal use.
- Should I keep my Bitcoin in my wallet or in an exchange wallet?
- What are the legal issues around Bitcoin, and can anyone use it?
- Discussed other currencies, ToysRUS JefferyDollars, frequent flyer miles, etc…
- How about other countries, for example, Kenya, which used cell carriers as banks.
- Are countries like the US trying to regulate Bitcoin? At the edges when Bitcoin is turned back into fiat currencies that’s where countries are getting involved, for example reporting.
- Why are criminals using Bitcoin? It’s a great way to move money across borders, also it affords users anonymity, but it’s no different than using US dollars.
We’ll close out this series in part 7 next week on December 14th, and include some recent news. Please stay tuned, and thank you all for listening.
Interested in evaluating Solarflare’s ServerLock Firewall in the NIC technology?
Please send an email to email@example.com