Tonight Bob Van Valzah dropped in for a long session on Bitcoin & Digital Currencies which turned into the second half of a seven-part series on Digital Currencies. This episode covers:
- Can Bitcoins be counterfeited?
- You can create your own currency, ScottCoins anyone?
- Are Bitcoins safe to use?
- Discussed malware & Showtime hack which put miners on victim’s system?
- Ransomware and the use of Bitcoin as the vehicle of payment?
- The perception of Bitcoin as negative as a result of criminal use.
- Should I keep my Bitcoin in my wallet or in an exchange wallet?
- What are the legal issues around Bitcoin, and can anyone use it?
- Discussed other currencies, ToysRUS JefferyDollars, frequent flyer miles, etc…
- How about other countries, for example Kenya, which used cell carriers as banks.
- Are countries like the US trying to regulate Bitcoin? At the edges when Bitcoin is turned back into fiat currencies that’s where countries are getting involved, for example reporting.
- Why are criminals using Bitcoin? It’s a great way to move money across borders, also it affords users anonymity, but it’s no different then using US dollars.
We’ll close out this series in part 7 next week on December 14th, and include some recent news. Please stay tuned, and thank you all for listening.
To learn more about ServerLock please drop me an email.