Today we do something different and Bob Van Valzeh and I have a frank discussion on personal security in a digital world.
Below are some of the topics we discuss:
- Background on Scott’s hacking past and his conversion to a white hat, a friendly, hacker.
- Personal security, and acting smartly.
- Don’t carelessly create opportunities for hackers to exploit your weaknesses.
- The importance of password managers.
- Being aware of threats around you social engineering, skimmers, etc…
- Banking today, avoid using checks, online banking.
- Security of free wifi, and the man in the middle
- Being careful with email and phone usage.
- Updating your Internet of Things (IoT) devices, thermostats, routers, personal devices, etc…
We then wrap it up with a quick rant on the government hoarding cybersecurity exploits.