Tonight Bob Van Valzah dropped in for a long session on Digital Currencies which turned into a three-part series on Blockchains. One or more series will follow covering all the issues surrounding digital currencies.
In this the final part of our three-part series on Blockchains we address the following questions:
- How is a Blockchain different from a standard bank ledger?
- Banking is about trust, how is a Blockchain more trustworthy than distributed bank ledger?
- Is the Bitcoin market cap really $65B?
- How are transactions in the Blockchain signed?
- Can you briefly describe public key cryptography?
- How does the Blockchain system know that my cryptographic signature is valid?
- Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? Is he one guy or a group?
- So now that we understand Blockchains where do we go from here, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts, etc…?
We hope you enjoyed this series on Blockchains now on to the currencies and applications that use them.