Tonight Bob Van Valzah dropped in for a long session on Digital Currencies which turned into a three-part series on Blockchains. The second half of the series, on Bitcoin will be published shortly.
In this the third part of our six-part series on Digital Currencies we’ll address the following questions around Blockchains:
- How is a Blockchain different from a standard bank ledger?
- Banking is about trust, how is a Blockchain more trustworthy than distributed bank ledger?
- Is the Bitcoin market cap really $65B?
- How are transactions in the Blockchain signed?
- Can you briefly describe public key cryptography?
- How does the Blockchain system know that my cryptographic signature is valid?
- Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? Is he one guy or a group?
- So now that we understand Blockchains where do we go from here, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts, etc…?
We hope you enjoyed this series on Blockchains now on to the currencies and applications that use them.
Interested in evaluating Solarflare’s ServerLock Firewall in the NIC technology?
Please send an email to email@example.com