Below are the podcasts currently awaiting final approval. This page is NOT publicly available to web crawlers, and can only be found by those aware of the address. This page was put in place to make it easier for podcast guests to review their podcast, and the catalog entry prior to it being published.
Digital Currencies – Part 2 of 3 on Blockchains
Sept 14th, 2017 – Episode 8, Bob Van Valzah, Sun Trading
Tonight Bob dropped in for a long session on Digital Currencies which turned into a three-part series on Blockchains. One or more series will follow covering all the issues surrounding digital currencies. To the left is a shot of Bob’s power bill for his Bitcoin Mining Rig that we discussed tonight, and also a video of that Mining Rig in production.
In part two of this podcast we address the following questions:
- So what are miners actually doing?
- The enormous numbers, for example 10^18 power behind solving these mining problems.
- Are we looking for primes in a huge field of numbers (hint, no)? Solutions have 130 zeros at the end or 2^130
- Mining rigs as space heaters, the power issue.
- Who decides which miner is a winner in extending the block chain?
- What happens when two miners each find a valid solution during the time of the flood?
- Is it still one bitcoin block every 10 minutes?
- What happens if it takes longer than 10 minutes to arrive at a solution?
- What keeps the bad guys from circumventing the whole mining system?
- How often would you win a bitcoin, and what is a mining pool?
In part three we’ll finish describing what is a Blockchain. While this has already been recorded and it should be released a few days following part 2.
Bob, this version is complete and pending your edits.