Below are the podcasts currently awaiting final approval. This page is NOT publicly available to web crawlers, and can only be found by those aware of the address. This page was put in place to make it easier for podcast guests to review their podcast, and the catalog entry prior to it being published.
Please review the text and audio below and let me know if you find it acceptable. If not, please provide the times and content you would like edited out. Thank you.
TE18 – Personal Security
Today we do something different and Bob Van Valzeh and I have a frank discussion on personal security in a digital world. Below are some of the topics we discuss:
- Some background on Scott’s hacking past and his conversion to a white hat, friendly hacker
- Personal security, acting smartly
- Don’t carelessly create opportunities for hackers
- Usage of password managers
- Being aware of threats around you social engineering, skimmers, etc…
- Don’t create opportunities for your assets to be stolen, using checks, online banking
- Being careful with email and phone usage
- Updating your Internet of Things (IoT) devices, thermostats, routers, personal devices, …
We then wrap it up with a quick rant on the government hoarding cybersecurity exploits.